Dear Parents, Carers and Friends,
Welcome to Our Lady's Roman Catholic Primary School. We believe that choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important responsibilities you undertake.
It is our very great honour to work with our dedicated governors, to lead this successful and thriving Catholic School. At Our Lady's RC Primary School we always put children first. Our children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set the highest standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
It is our mission to provide the best quality Catholic education for the whole child, working together with parents/carers and our Catholic Community, so that children develop a love for learning. Strong, committed partnerships between our school and our parents play a crucial role in our children’s development into young adults. By working together we will give your child the best start in life. We strive to promote the values of our Christian faith throughout our daily life. We provide a religious syllabus, which develops our children’s knowledge and understanding of our faith, whilst enabling children to relate these values to all the aspects of our life within the Faith Community of our Parish.
Creativity, fun and broadening horizons are central to our work. We find as many ways as possible to provide a curriculum which will stimulate, inspire and raise standards for every child in our school. We are always working towards providing exciting contexts for real learning as well as providing a solid understanding of the basics.
This includes providing
- A range of educational trips, Year 6 residential trip to Ghyll Head and Year 5 residential trip to PGL, Winmarleigh Hall and regular visits to theatres, museums, art galleries, countryside and coast.
- A range of extracurricular activities such as sports clubs including gymnastics, dance and skateboarding clubs, chess, street art, forest school, arts and crafts and computing.
- Opportunities to learn how to read music and play an instrument through the instruments of Steel Pans and Ukulele
- Opportunities to perform at the Royal Northern College for Music
- Leadership opportunities through our GIFT Team
All of this at little or no cost to parents.
We are very proud of our children and are regularly praised for their behaviour both in and out of school. The wide range of cultures and backgrounds of the children make belonging to Our Lady's RC School an interesting, rewarding and uplifting experience. Many people are struck by how special our school is when they visit.
I believe passionately that if you come and visit our school you will experience first hand the happy, inclusive ethos and excitement for learning that exists within our school community.
I look forward to meeting you and your child in the near future.
Catherine Gordon Anna Ward
Executive Headteacher Head of School