Below are some lists of really useful websites with information to help you and your child keep safe whilst online. Please do read them...
- Childnet International
- TechMission SafeFamilies - Social Networking advice
- Privo (Privacy Vaults Online) - Info, resources and links for safer social networking for children.
- ParentPort is run by the UK’s media regulators, who set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.Seen or heard something unsuitable for children? Maybe it was a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine. At ParentPort you can find out about the standards we expect from the media, make a complaint and share your views. Plus information about what to do if other content, products or services cause concerns.
- Bookyourdata is a really handy website guide for monitoring your child's email and use of social media.
Also, below are some useful engines which your child could use to help keep them safe whilst online...
- KidRex - "searches emphasize kid-related webpages from across the entire web and are powered by Google Custom Search™ and use Google SafeSearch™ technology."
- KidzSearch - based on Google, but results are further filtered and don't depend on computer or browser settings (e.g. 'strict search' being turned on).
- KidsClick - "a web search site designed for kids by librarians - with kid-friendly results!"
- Mymunka - "designed just for kids and is Fun and safe for everyone. Browse and Share Thousands of Digital Flashcards and Learning Aids."